On Tuesday, May 19th we announced that due to the uncertainty and risk surrounding COVID-19 we have decided to cancel the 2020 camp season. You can read Adam and Stephanie’s letter to our camp families here. Adam and Stephanie have recorded a special message for our 2020 campers – you can watch it below. We have also gathered some resources that we think would be helpful, and will continue to update this page in the coming weeks.
Resources for Coping
- Helping our kids manage disappointment over canceled summer plans – Tina Payne Bryson, PhD
- How to help our kids manage disappointment – The Child Mind Institute
- Ways to promote children’s resilience during COVID-19 and Resources for supporting children’s emotional well being during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Jessica Bartlett
- Resilience for camp staff regarding camp cancellation – Dr. Deborah Gilboa
- We’re sharing our camp projects with our Facebook and Instagram pages – for instance, learn how to make a camp-y log cabin at home with Matt or how to cook red beans and rice with Hank.
- Looking for some new things to cook at home, or want to recreate a Nebagamon classic? Browse our 2019 M.O.C.A. Cookbook here, and our 2019 Tripping Cookbook here.
- We’ll be sharing more of our camp resources on this page throughout the summer!
Of course, while we cannot gather at our hallowed 77 acres this summer, we still want to stay connected. Below is a schedule for upcoming Zoom calls with the camp community. We will update this schedule as more calls are organized. Links to individual calls will be emailed a day ahead of each call. For more information, please email Louis.
|Grade||Date and Time|
|2020 8th Grade||Wednesday, May 27th 6:30pm ET|
|2020 7th Grade||Thursday, May 28th 6:30pm ET|
|2020 6th Grade||Monday, June 1st 6:30pm ET|
If you have any questions, or want to reach out, you can email camp here, use the form below, or call us at 208-345-5544. We would love to hear from you.